Cypress knows and appreciates that most product developers are incredibly busy with more ingredients, products and technologies to effectively review than they have time for. This is the mission for PD Essentials-- to provide all of the most relevant information to you, the product developer, so that you can, in turn, make the most educated decision possible when putting together high quality and efficacious products.
On behalf of Cypress Systems, Jim Roufs, MS, RD, renowned formulator, has put together a series of Product Development (PD) Essential documents to assist product developers and their quest to producing exclusive, comprehensive products available with key information to make important product development decisions. Having all the scientific research, daily intake values, regulatory issues and formulation rationale for a formula you are working all in one stop shop to make your life easier is what we aim to do here at Cypress Systems.
Each series will include:
- A concise review of pertinent Se and or GTF Chromium research, with special emphasis on clinical data, including efficacy and safety along with dose and form utilized in the respective trials.
- An overview justifying the scientific rationale for including Se and/or GTF Chromium in various condition-specific applications.
- The daily requirements (since selenium and chromium are essential nutrients).
- Regulatory considerations including GRAS status, NDI, and approved health claims.
- And an Se bibliography available upon request.
This months’ PD Essentials features GTF Excell Chromium Yeast and Blood Sugar Management. With rising rates of insulin resistance and its damaging effects that may lead to diabetes, GTF Chromium is an important ingredient that potentiates insulin action by orchestrating the efficient conversion of energy from food carbohydrates. Read about the latest scientific findings, the effects of GTF Excell supplementation and an overview of the health implications, daily intakes and insights on efficacious form.
Click the download button below for your copy of the GTF Excell Chromium Yeast and Blood Sugar PD Essentials
Inside our Blood Sugar Management Spotlight:
- Understanding GTF Chromium: benefits of food-bound chromium from yeast
- Formulator's Corner, by Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Blood Sugar Management
- Turnkey Formulations: Blood Sugar Management
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: GTF Excell High-Chromium Yeast
- Product Highlights: Best in Class GTF Chromium From Vitamin World... it's about the yeast
- White Paper: Food-Bound Chromium and the Scientific Support for GTF Excell High-Chromium Yeast
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Jim Roufs, MS, RD, has headed up Product Development up to the VP level for several leading companies in the dietary supplement industry for nearly 30 years. Prior to becoming a consultant nearly 12 years ago, Jim headed up New Product Development for Nutrilite, the world’s largest dietary supplement brand with peak sales over $5b annually. He is a Registered Dietitian, patent holder, author in both the scientific literature as well as lay press, as well as having taught nutrition at the university level. Jim’s primary focus is finding clinically-tested ingredients, products and technologies and assisting his clients in bringing them to the marketplace.