Too many projects, not enough time? If so, you're not alone. Most product developers are busy with more ingredients, products, advances in technology and more demands than they can effectively handle. But Cypress Systems is here to help. This is the mission of our PD Essentials Series-- to provide relevant information you need to make the most educated decisions possible when putting together high quality and efficacious products.
On behalf of Cypress Systems, Jim Roufs, MS, RD, renowned product formulator, has gathered Product Development (PD) Essential documents to assist product developers like you in the quest to produce exclusive, comprehensive formulas with information for making key product development decisions. This series puts all the scientific research, daily intake values, regulatory issues and formulation rationale for a product at your fingertips. Making your life easier is what we aim to do here at Cypress Systems.
Each series will include:
- A concise review of pertinent Selenium research, with emphasis on clinical data, including efficacy and safety along with dose and form utilized in the respective trials.
- An overview justifying the scientific rationale for including Selenium in various condition-specific applications.
- The daily requirements (since selenium is an essential nutrient).
- Regulatory considerations including GRAS status, NDI, and approved health claims.
- With a Selenium bibliography available upon request.
This months’ PD Essentials features SelenoExcell® and Brain Health. Selenium is essential for overall brain health and emerging evidence suggests it may play a role in both prevention and treatment of cognitive decline with age--one of the most important health issues facing our aging population. Moreover, supporting selenium levels throughout life can support brain healthy function--this is important for the general population, with soil depletion, crops grown decades ago were much richer in vitamins and minerals, like selenium, than the varieties most of us get today, so many people may now be at risk of low selenium levels. Putting greater emphasis on supplementation to ensure our bodies are getting the necessary micro nutrients to live longer, disease-free lives is our main mission at Cypress Systems. We hope this series helps make your job easier.
Click the download button below for your copy of the SelenoExcell® and Brain Health PD Essentials
Inside our Brain Health Spotlight:
- Seeking Cognitive Health
- Product Highlights: Profiles of Best-in-Class Products from BrainMD
- Formulator's Corner, by Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Brain Health
- Turnkey Formulations: Brain Health
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: Seleniums Role in the Quest for Brain Health
- White Paper: Dirt Poor--Why we need a micro-nutrient bailout for mineral depletion's
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Jim Roufs, MS, RD, has headed up Product Development up to the VP level for several leading companies in the dietary supplement industry for nearly 30 years. Prior to becoming a consultant nearly 12 years ago, Jim headed up New Product Development for Nutrilite, the world’s largest dietary supplement brand with peak sales over $5b annually. He is a Registered Dietitian, patent holder, author in both the scientific literature as well as lay press, as well as having taught nutrition at the university level. Jim’s primary focus is finding clinically-tested ingredients, products and technologies and assisting his clients in bringing them to the marketplace.