We know that time is not on your side. Most product developers are incredibly busy with more ingredients, products, advances in technology and more demands to effectively review than you have time for. This is the mission for PD Essentials-- to provide all of the most relevant information to you, the product developer, so that you can, in turn, make the most educated decision possible when putting together high quality and efficacious products.
On behalf of Cypress Systems, Jim Roufs, MS, RD, renowned formulator, has put together a series of Product Development (PD) Essential documents to assist product developers and their quest to producing exclusive, comprehensive products available with key information to make important product development decisions. Having all the scientific research, daily intake values, regulatory issues and formulation rationale for a formula you are working all in one stop shop to make your life easier is what we aim to do here at Cypress Systems.
Each series will include:
- A concise review of pertinent Selenium research, with special emphasis on clinical data, including efficacy and safety along with dose and form utilized in the respective trials.
- An overview justifying the scientific rationale for including Selenium in various condition-specific applications.
- The daily requirements (since selenium is an essential nutrient).
- Regulatory considerations including GRAS status, NDI, and approved health claims.
- And an Selenium bibliography available upon request.
This months’ PD Essentials features SelenoExcell® and our Immune Response. With soil depletion, crops grown decades ago were much richer in vitamins and minerals than the varieties most of us get today, putting greater emphasis on supplementation to ensure our bodies are getting the necessary micro nutrients to live longer and disease free.
Click the download button below for your copy of the SelenoExcell® and Immunity PD Essentials
Inside our Immune Response Spotlight:
- Strong Substantiation for Selenium and Immune Function
- Formulator's Corner, by Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Immune Response
- Turnkey Formulations: Immune Response
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: Selenium and a Healthy Immune System
- Product Highlights: Best in Class: Immune Health Formulations from Doctors Best and Natural Factors
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Jim Roufs, MS, RD, has headed up Product Development up to the VP level for several leading companies in the dietary supplement industry for nearly 30 years. Prior to becoming a consultant nearly 12 years ago, Jim headed up New Product Development for Nutrilite, the world’s largest dietary supplement brand with peak sales over $5b annually. He is a Registered Dietitian, patent holder, author in both the scientific literature as well as lay press, as well as having taught nutrition at the university level. Jim’s primary focus is finding clinically-tested ingredients, products and technologies and assisting his clients in bringing them to the marketplace.