Have you ever wished you had someone to gather together all the scientific research, daily intake values, regulatory issues and formulation rationale for a formula you are working on? Now you have it at your fingertips. Renowned formulator Jim Roufs, MS, RD, on behalf of Cypress Ingredients, has put together a series of Selenium Product Development (PD) Essential documents to help product developers in their quest to produce the most efficacious products available with key information to make important product development decisions. Each series will include:
- A concise review of pertinent Se research, with special emphasis on clinical data, including efficacy and safety along with dose and form utilized in the respective trials.
- An overview justifying the scientific rationale for including Se in various condition-specific applications.
- The daily requirements (since selenium is an essential nutrient).
- Regulatory considerations including GRAS status, NDI, and approved health claims.
- And an Se bibliography available upon request.
Cypress knows and appreciates that most product developers are incredibly busy, with more ingredients, products and technologies to effectively review than they have time for. This is the mission for PD Essentials-- to provide all of the most relevant information to you, the product developer, so that you can, in turn, make the most educated decision possible when putting together high quality and efficacious products.
This months’ PD Essentials features Se and Thyroid. With growing rates of thyroid disorders, the relevance of selenium in thyroid support formulas has never been more important. Read about the latest scientific findings, the effects of selenium supplementation and an overview of the health implications, daily intakes and insights on efficacious form.
Click the download button below for your copy of the Selenium and Thyroid PD Essentials
Inside our Thyroid Market Spotlight:
- Formulator's Corner with Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Selenium and Thyroid
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: The latest research on micronutrients and thyroid health
- White Paper: Why Selenium-enriched yeast? Personalized medicine’s most useful mineral
- Product Highlights: Profiles of Ortho Molecular Products’ Thyrotain and Seleno-Iodide
- Good, Better, Best: Turnkey formulation options to meet your specific needs
- Cypress Ingredients to attend Supplyside East 2018, Booth #B138
Jim Roufs, MS, RD, has headed up Product Development up to the VP level for several leading companies in the dietary supplement industry for nearly 30 years. Prior to becoming a consultant nearly 12 years ago, Jim headed up New Product Development for Nutrilite, the world’s largest dietary supplement brand with peak sales over $5b annually. He is a Registered Dietitian, patent holder, author in both the scientific literature as well as lay press, as well as having taught nutrition at the university level. Jim’s primary focus is finding clinically-tested ingredients, products and technologies and assisting his clients in bringing them to the marketplace.