"Micronutrients are incredibly important and vital to your health. But more importantly, are you getting enough and perhaps even more importantly, the right form?" ~ Dr Joseph Mercola. In this interview, leading nutrition expert Dr Mercola talks with Cypress Systems' chief scientific officer, Mark Whitacre, PhD on why the right selenium form matters.Why Selenium Form Matters?
Is your product providing the best food form of selenium? Is it the most bioavailable? Watch this interview with Dr Mercola and Mark Whitacre, PhD, to learn why the research is clear. Getting enough selenium, in the right form, is vitally important to health and wellbeing. We encourage you to share this video with your customers. The more educated your customers, the more they understand why the right form of selenium yeast can make a difference to health.
Learn more about why Americans may not be getting enough the right form of minerals. Click on the button to download our white paper, Dirt Poor, Why America Needs a Micronutrient Bailout.
3 Take Away Points on Why Selenium Form Matters.
Quotes from Dr Mercola
- China, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and parts of the U.S. are identified as selenium-deficient regions, including:
- "The selenium yeast gives you not just selenomethionine but also methylselenocysteine and selenocysteine. Research suggests methylselenocysteine may be the most active form in reducing cancer risk, and that's the form found in high-selenium yeast. It's not found in selenate, selenite or selenomethionine."
- "Cutting your [health] risk by eating a few Brazil nuts or taking a high-selenium yeast supplement like SelenoExcell seems like a no-brainer."
- Pacific Northwest.
- Areas of the Great Lakes region and east of it toward New England.
- Parts of the Atlantic Coast.
- "If you live in one of these areas and focus your diet on locally grown foods, you may be low in selenium. You may also have low levels of selenium if you smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, have had weight loss surgery or have Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis," says Dr Mercola.
These interviews contain some compelling scientifically valid information on why a food form of selenium matters. "Selenium yeast is the first line of defense against excess free radicals -- even more so than vitamin E and vitamin C," Whitacre says. For more check out this article, The Role of Selenium in Cellular Health and Cancer Prevention.