Who doesn’t need to streamline their product development cycle? Noted formulation expert Jim Roufs, MS, RD, on behalf of Cypress Ingredients, has put together a series of extremely well-vetted, best-in-class, condition-specific formulations targeting some of the hottest product categories. The intent was to share all the information a product developer needs to shorten the research and due-diligence cycle required to create effective high-margin formulations. These turnkey formula prototypes are so complete they could be shared with a contract manufacturer without any additional adjustments required. The worksheets include information such as:
- Three options for each condition: Good, Better and Best.
- A list of all the ingredients, including SelenoExcell®, with specific dosages based on the research.
- Cost per dose based on using the best-in-class ingredient suppliers (LycoRed, Kyowa, etc).
- Contact information for all the suggested ingredients mentioned.
- Cost per bottle for margin calculations.
- Worksheet format making it easy to further customize formulation and calculate all costs.
For example, this is the calculation on the cost per dose, which shows the cost effective nature of selenium in formulations:
To obtain the selenium dose used in the research (200 mcg), 167mg of SelenoExcell® are needed, considering the product contains 1200mcg Se/g:
- The cost of 167 mg (1 dose): 0.0000345 x 167 = 0.0057615 $/dose
The cost per month: 0.0057615 x 30 = 0.172845 $/month
Selenium is a great way to supercharge your thyroid formula for less than 20 cents per monthly supply or $0.006 per dose.
Look for these kinds of insights and more from Cypress Ingredients’ best-in-class, turnkey, condition specific formulations. To get your copy of our Good, Better, Best Formulation document for Thyroid, click on the button below:
Inside our Thyroid Market Spotlight:
- Thyroid Disorders: A growing market in need of nutrient solutions
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: The latest research on micronutrients and thyroid health
- Formulators Corner with Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Selenium and Thyroid
- White Paper: Why Selenium-enriched yeast? Personalized medicine’s most useful mineral
- Product Highlights: Profiles of Ortho Molecular Products’ Thyrotain and Seleno-Iodide
- Cypress Ingredients to attend SupplySide East 2018, Booth #B138