Product development and reformulation cycles can be an arduous process slowing down your productivity. Prominent formulation expert Jim Roufs, MS, RD, on behalf of Cypress Ingredients, has put together a series of extremely well-vetted, best-in-class, condition-specific formulations targeting trending product categories. The intent was to share all the information a product developer needs to shorten the research and due-diligence cycle required to create effective high-margin formulations. These turnkey formula prototypes are so complete they could be shared with a contract manufacturer without any additional adjustments required. The worksheets include information such as:
- Three options for each condition: Good, Better and Best.
- A list of all the ingredients, including SelenoExcell®, with specific dosages based on the research.
- Cost per dose based on using the best-in-class ingredient suppliers (PLT Health Solutions, Bionap, Balchem, etc).
- Contact information for all the suggested ingredients mentioned.
- Cost per bottle for margin calculations.
- Worksheet format making it easy to further customize formulation and calculate all costs.
For example, this is the calculation on the cost per dose, which shows the cost effective nature of selenium in formulations:
To obtain the selenium dose used in the research (200 mcg), 167mg of SelenoExcell® are needed, considering the product contains 1200mcg Se/g:
- The cost of 167 mg (1 dose): 0.0000345 x 167 = 0.0057615 $/dose
The cost per month: 0.0057615 x 30 = 0.172845 $/month
Selenium is a great way to supercharge your immune response formula for less than 20 cents per monthly supply or $0.006 per dose.
Look for these kinds of insights and more from Cypress Ingredients’ best-in-class, turnkey, condition specific formulations. To get your copy of our Good, Better, Best Formulation document for Immune Response, click on the button below:
Inside our Immune Response Spotlight:
- Strong Substantiation for Selenium and Immune Function
- Formulator's Corner, by Jim Roufs, MS, RD: Immune Response
- Turnkey Formulations: Immune Response
- Research Review, by Mark Whitacre, PhD: Selenium and a Healthy Immune System
- Product Highlights: Best in Class: Immune Health Formulations from Doctors Best and Natural Factors
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Jim Roufs, MS, RD, has headed up Product Development up to the VP level for several leading companies in the dietary supplement industry for nearly 30 years. Prior to becoming a consultant nearly 12 years ago, Jim headed up New Product Development for Nutrilite, the world’s largest dietary supplement brand with peak sales over $5b annually. He is a Registered Dietitian, patent holder, author in both the scientific literature as well as lay press, as well as having taught nutrition at the university level. Jim’s primary focus is finding clinically-tested ingredients, products and technologies and assisting his clients in bringing them to the marketplace.